The transformation of your smile and overall appearance is something that cosmetic and restorative dentists specialize in. To be successful in this field, dentists cannot simply be clinicians. They need to take on the role of artists and communicators as well. Here at Chesapeake Family and Implant Dentistry in Chesapeake, VA, our dentist, Dr. Paul LeTellier, does this by focusing on all details of cosmetic dentistry patient care, from the initial consultation up to follow-up appointments.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
This branch of dentistry offers a professional method of oral care that is focused on the improvement of the appearance not only of your teeth and smile but your entire mouth. The majority of the procedures are elective, however, this could be subjective since the impact is on the self-esteem of the patient.
A number of the treatments deliver restorative benefits that promote oral health. Specialized care will be required for more complex procedures of cosmetic dentistry so it is important to make sure that you are talking to the right dentist. Generally, the objective of cosmetic dentistry is the restoration and improvement of the health and integrity of the condition of your teeth. This goes a long way towards improving your self-image and confidence.
Cosmetic Dentistry Services We Offer
Here in our, Chesapeake, VA, practice, there are several cosmetic dentistry services that patients can choose from depending on the exact result they want to achieve. These include:
- Dental Bonding and Reshaping: This is the process of repairing damaged, decayed, or discolored teeth with materials that are similar to the color of your tooth enamel. This procedure can be applied to chipped, cracked, or worn-down teeth as well.
- In-Office Teeth Whitening: Perhaps the easiest way to improve the look of your smile, in-office bleaching is best done by a professional to ensure that the proper amount of bleach is used and the right blending is achieved. This is perfect for stained or discolored teeth.
- Dental Veneers: Natural-looking replacement teeth are manufactured using medical-grade ceramic material. These help correct problems like crooked teeth, damaged enamel, cracked tooth, and noticeable gaps.
- Dental Implants: A small screw made of titanium is inserted into the jawbone at the place where you missed a tooth. This post serves as the support for the realistic-looking dental crown that will be installed.
- Inlays/Onlays – Known as indirect fillings, these are used as restorative procedures for damaged or decayed teeth. Usually made from porcelain, gold, or composite materials, they are molded and bonded into place by your dentist after it has been manufactured in a dental laboratory. When bonded in the center of the tooth, it is known as an inlay. It is an onlay when the biting surface or more points of the tooth is covered.
- The Smile Makeover: This harmonizes the contour, size, color, and edges of the teeth with the facial features of the patient. It helps to create dazzling smiles from otherwise imperfect teeth.
To Learn More About Our Cosmetic Dentistry Services, Call Us
Dial (757) 436-0026 to schedule a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Paul LeTellier of Chesapeake Family and Implant Dentistry in Chesapeake, VA.