Regular visits to your dentists in Chesapeake, VA, can save your smile.
You may be tempted to only visit your dentist when you have a dental problem, but that’s a mistake that can cost you your smile. Maintaining regular dental visits helps catch dental issues while they are small, instead of letting them grow into large dental problems.
Dr. Paul LeTellier and Dr. Harry Squire at Chesapeake Family And Implant Dentistry offer a wide variety of dental services, including regular dental examinations and x-rays to save your smile.
Don’t wait for tooth pain before you visit your dentist because it could be a sign you need a root canal. Visiting the dentist earlier might have meant you only needed a small filling. These are just a few examples of how untreated dental issues can become a more serious dental problem:
- An untreated small area of decay can turn into a larger decayed area; you might need a large filling or a dental crown
- An untreated area of deep decay could turn into the need for a root canal
- An untreated area of deep decay could make a tooth unrestorable, which means the tooth needs to be removed
- A tooth that needs to be removed will have to be replaced with a partial denture, a dental bridge, or a dental implant
During your regular dental visit, your dentist in Chesapeake, VA, will:
- Take x-rays that show any areas of decay, dental abscesses, or loss of supporting bone due to periodontal disease
- Do a thorough examination of your teeth, gums, and other soft tissue to determine the overall health of your mouth
- Perform an oral cancer screening, looking for any abnormalities which could indicate precancerous or cancerous tissue
- Develop a comprehensive treatment plan to correct or repair any dental problems
- Discuss any treatment plans with you and answer any questions you have
To learn more about the importance of regular dental visits and how they can save your smile, call Dr. LeTellier and Dr. Squire of Chesapeake Family And Implant Dentistry in Chesapeake, VA, at (757) 436-0026 today!